03301 00 87 20
Add to Favourites

How Do I Claim On My Motor Trade Insurance?

Accidents happen, even to the best of us. If you are a motor trader who has had a road accident, car stolen, or suffered vehicle damage, you are entitled to claim on your motor trade insurance.

Motor Trade Road Risks Claims

If you are involved in a car accident, it is really important that you make sure that you or anyone else has not been injured. Although it can be a stressful and worrying time, you need to remain at the scene so you can take down important information. This is so you can use it for your motor trade insurance claim; make sure you retrieve details such as:
●     The contact details of the other driver - full name, address, phone number. Also take down the details of any              passengers in the other vehicle.
●     The other driver’s vehicle details - registration plate number and vehicle make & model.
●     The other driver’s insurance details.
●     Don’t forget that if there were any witnesses involved you need to take down their contact details too.
If you have got a smartphone with a camera, it is a good idea to take photos of the scene of the incident - the more detailed, the better. This will be evidence of exactly what happened, and will be advantageous to your motor trade insurance claim.
It is also helpful if you can make a quick sketch of the scene that illustrates the detailed circumstances of the accident, such as where the vehicle impact happened, the position of the car in the road etc. It is important that you draw out what happened whilst you are there, so that it is an accurate reference when making a motor trade insurance claim.

Motor Trade Employers Liability Claims

If you are making accident claim that concerns one of your motor trade employees, you need to contact us as soon as possible. We need information such as:
●     Witness statements
●     Photos of the accident scene
●     A copy of your accident book
●     A copy of the report sent to HSE (Health and Safety Executive)
●     A copy of any risk assessment undertaken
●     Evidence of any protective clothing measures that were issued to the claimant
●     Evidence of any training delivered to the claimant

Making a Road Runner Insurance Motor Trade Claim

If you need to make a motor trade insurance claim, please get in touch with us as soon as you can (specific contact numbers are mentioned in your policy). Regardless of whether an accident is your fault or not, we are on hand to help you every step of the way.
If you require a motor trade insurance policy, find out about how to receive a quote here. Alternatively, you can telephone 03301 008720 to speak with a member of our expert Road Runner Insurance team, to receive your motor trade insurance quote. 

Road Runner is a trading name of Aston Scott Ltd. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Reg No. 308048). For your protection, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.

Copyright © Aston Scott Ltd 2015. All rights reserved. Road Runner, 28 Dingwall Road, Croydon, CR0 2NH. Tel: 0330 822 0468

This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. You can read more about the way it does this on our Cookies page. By continuing to use our website, you consent to our use of cookies.