03301 00 87 20
Add to Favourites

What is motor trade road risks cover?

Motor trade road risks cover is crucial for individuals in the motor trade industry who are responsible for the care of customer vehicles.

Road risks cover

Road risks insurance cover is suited to small businesses operating at home. This type of insurance cover allows vehicles to be in the trader’s ownership when being driven on the road; such as when a vehicle is being returned to a customer, or when a customer vehicle is being tested after repairs.
It’s important to note that road risks insurance doesn’t cover customers’ vehicles that are driven by traders for personal use, and is for business purposes only.
Who needs motor trade road risks insurance?
Motor trade road risks insurance is needed by individuals who either work full or part time within the motor trade business. This can include repairing vehicles from their own garage, to working in a car park valet service. As these individuals will be in charge of moving customer vehicles for various reasons, road risks insurance is the legal minimum insurance specification.
Motor trade road risks insurance will only protect drivers that are named on the policy. If an employee of the named motor trader is not listed on a policy, they cannot drive a vehicle whatsoever. You may want to consider a motor trade combined insurance policy if you have a lot of employees.
What does motor trade road risks insurance cover?
Motor trade road risk insurance covers a motor trader who drives customer vehicles for their business. If you were to have an accident whilst in a vehicle you do not own, you will be covered.

Levels of road risks cover

Third party only - in an accident, this policy covers the damages incurred to other people and/or their property.
Third party fire & theft - is similar to third party only cover, but this has the added advantage of protection against fire and theft.
Comprehensive - this incorporates all the elements that are included in the above, but also covers a vehicle in the event of an accident or damage that was the fault of the motor trader. It can also be used to claim for a personal injury. This policy is an effective way of safeguarding a motor trader’s business assets.
On top of these cover levels, here at Road Runner Insurance we have some optional additional extras on offer such as a protected no claims bonus. If you are thinking of taking out motor trades road risk insurance, find out more about the road risks insurance we provide.
Speak to a member of the Road Runner team today for a free quote. For all new policies we’re offering 12 months for the price of 10!

Road Runner is a trading name of Aston Scott Ltd. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Reg No. 308048). For your protection, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.

Copyright © Aston Scott Ltd 2015. All rights reserved. Road Runner, 28 Dingwall Road, Croydon, CR0 2NH. Tel: 0330 822 0468

This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. You can read more about the way it does this on our Cookies page. By continuing to use our website, you consent to our use of cookies.