Traders' Insurance

Traders' insurance is used by a wide range of businesses in the motor trade - from auto electricians and used car dealers to body shop and MOT workshops.

Ask for a quote
Give us a call
020 8633 8407
Make an enquiry

We’re giving you the chance to win a £500 Abingdon King Dick Tools voucher!* All you have to do is ask for a quote for your motor trade policy, but you better be quick, the competition closes on 28th February!

Traders’ insurance ensures that motor trade business owners and employees are covered when storing, driving or working on customer vehicles.

A benefit of a traders’ policy is that it can cover all staff to drive customer vehicles, as well as any new starters to the business.

In order to take out a policy with Road Runner, you’ll first need to show that you are trading for business purposes and for income, not leisure, either full or part-time and based in the UK. You’ll also have to fulfil the following criteria for a quote:

  • All drivers are aged between 23 and 69, UK based
  • Hold a full license in the EU for at least one year
  • No criminal convictions not spent

(Our full criteria can be found below)

What does a motor trader insurance policy cover?

With Road Runner, your policy is tailored to your requirements, but generally the covers include:

Road risks insurance: If you look after customer vehicles, then road risk cover is essential. You can choose road risk cover which is comprehensive, third-party, or third-party, fire and theft.

Liability insurance: This covers you against any claims made by customers or members of the public who may be visiting your workshop. Motor trade liability insurance can cover:

  • Employers’ Liability, which protects your business against claims from staff, both driving and non-driving staff members.
  • Product Liability, which offers protection should you have to work on a customer’s vehicle, for instance fitting parts on to a car which then are defective.

Combined motor trade insurance: a combined traders’ insurance policy considers road risks, tools and equipment as well as any trading premises you are operating from. Speak to the Road Runner team to find out how we can help.

We’re with you

We’ve been riding shotgun with the motor trade for over 25 years – so we know all the cover options available to you. Get in touch to see if we can get you a better deal than you’re on now. Don’t worry, there’s no obligation if it’s not for you.

*T&Cs apply:

To qualify you must submit a quote form and subsequently receive a quote from Road Runner between 10/01/22 – 28/02/22. The winner will be notified shortly after the closing date. Entry is open to UK residents only. No purchase is necessary. Road Runner Insurance reserves the right to withdraw this promotion at any time.

Our full traders’ insurance policy criteria is as follows:

  1. You and all drivers are aged 23 to 69 years old.
  2. You are actively operating a motor trade business for profit or income.
  3. You have a business that is solely based in the UK.
  4. You, any partners, directors, employees or drivers are not involved nor have any association with self-drive hire or accident management companies.
  5. You and all drivers have held a full licence in the EU for at least one year.
  6. You and all drivers have been resident in the UK for at least the preceding two years.
  7. You and all drivers have not been disqualified from driving nor been convicted of driving with no insurance.
  8. You and all drivers have no criminal convictions not spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act nor any criminal convictions pending.
  9. You, any partners, directors, employees or drivers have not been declared bankrupt or insolvent in the past three years.
  10. You, any partners, directors, employees or drivers have never had a policy cancelled, declined, been refused renewal nor had any special terms or premium imposed.

Our Core Products

Make an enquiry