Motor Trade Liability Insurance

In the motor trade, accidents can happen at any time – and you could be held responsible. Our liability insurance is designed to protect you from claims – from slips and trips at your premises, to accidental loss or damage to vehicles, to claims from your employees. Make sure you’re covered.

Ask for a Quote
Give us a call
03301 00 87 20
Make an enquiry
We’ve got your back

It doesn’t matter if you’re based at home, at a premises or you work on the road – there’s always a risk that someone will make a claim against you due to your work in the motor trade. At Road Runner, we don’t want to let that happen.

Our Liability insurance not only helps make sure independent motor traders like you have the funds to defend or settle a claim, it also means you’ll have someone to help you in dealing with the claim. This in turn leaves you with more time to focus on what’s important: your business.

What can it cover?
  • Employers’ Liability insurance – compulsory in virtually all cases if you have employees
  • Public Liability
  • Products Liability
  • Defence costs associated with claims made against you
  • The option to include cover for portable hand tools
Cover options:
  • Public Liability only
  • Public and Products Liability
  • Public, Products and Employers’ Liability
  • Portable hand tools can be covered at business premises only, or including cover away from business premises
Employers’ Liability: £10M
Public Liability: £1M, £2M or £5M
Products Liability: £1M, £2M or £5M
Portable Hand Tools: £1,500; £2,500 or £5,000

Read our Liability Summary of Cover and Liability Policy Wording for details of the cover available and exclusions that apply.


The Employers’ Liability Tracing Office (ELTO) is an insurance industry initiative to centrally record basic details of all EL insurance policies. Most insurers, including us, are members. You can read more about ELTO on their website –

Other cover we offer

Latest News