Motor Trade Insurance Cover

Some insurance brokers don’t know their arch flares from their elbow pipes. Not us. We understand the motor trade covers a vast range of different activities, skills and businesses. That’s why our cover’s tailored to your exact needs.

Ask for a quote
Who we cover – at a glance

We can help if you are:

  • A sole trader, partnership or limited company
  • Full or part-time in the trade
  • Based in England, Wales or Scotland (If you live in Northern Ireland, please call Abbey Bond Lovis on 028 9099 3600 to talk through your needs. In Northern Ireland, our Road Risks, Liability and Premises products are only available via Abbey Bond Lovis and slightly different conditions apply)
  • At least 23 years old (there are certain restrictions for drivers under 28 years old as well)
  • An experienced trader – whether you’re well-established or starting a new venture.

And if you work with:

  • Standard cars and light commercial vehicles
  • Motorbikes, trikes, scooters or mopeds
  • Sports and high-performance vehicles
  • Commercial vehicles (up to 7.5 tons, or a recovery vehicle up to 17.5 ton)
  • Motorhomes, caravanettes and campers
  • Classic, vintage and veteran cars
  • Foreign vehicles and grey imports
  • Kit cars
  • Q plates
  • Modified vehicles
  • Agricultural plant and machinery
  • People carriers and minibuses (with up to 17 seats)

Frequently Asked Questions

I work with HGVs will you cover me?

Working with HGVs can be considered subject to certain criteria being met. Please call for further information.

Can you cover my stock of vehicles?

We can provide cover for stock of vehicles. This is subject to security requirements being met. Please contact us for further details.