Part Time Motor Trade Insurance

We know that not everyone employed in the motor trade works full-time. Whether you’re in the buying and selling business as a side-line, or service vehicles in the evenings, make sure you’re protected with the right part-time motor trade insurance.

Ask for a Quote
Give us a call
03301 00 87 20
Or, we'll contact you

What is part-time motor trade insurance?

We know that not everyone working in the motor trade works full-time. You might buy and sell a few cars or service vehicles in the evenings to earn some extra money, or you could restore old cars to sell on for a profit. Whatever you do, it’s important that you’re protected with part-time mobile mechanic insurance.

If you’re a trader who only buys and sells a handful of cars here and there, or a mechanic who only services cars occasionally, a Road Runner part-time motor trade insurance policy tailored to your use could be most beneficial to you.

We don’t mind that you don’t trade full-time – we’ll still cover you for your part-time work. Plus, we may even be able to provide ‘additional business use’ for your main occupation. And if you already work in the motor trade as your main job, even better!

Which part-time motor trade insurance cover is available?

We offer different part-time motor trade insurance policies depending on the type of cover you’re looking for. Our core offering includes:

  • Road Risks insurance so that you can road test customer vehicles, or be protected for a sales vehicle that you’ve only just bought
  • Liability insurance to protect you against third-party claims, fake or not
  • Premises insurance to protect against loss or damage to your equipment, tools, or trading premises

Just because you only work part-time, it doesn’t mean that you won’t be able to find the right insurance for you and the services you provide to your clients.

What else does Road Runner part-time motor trade insurance include?

  • Comprehensive cover, not Third Party only – so you’ll be protected in the event of damage or theft
  • Cover for all vehicles owned by the Policyholder and/or the Policyholder’s spouse if they’re a named driver
  • Accompanied demonstration cover to allow potential buyers to test-drive any vehicles that you offer for sale
  • Additional business use, which covers your own vehicles for use in conjunction with your main occupation

What do I need to consider when choosing part-time motor trade insurance?

Before you get in touch with Road Runner to discuss your part-time motor trade insurance quote, it’s a good idea to think about your reasons for needing cover. It’s much easier for us to help you to find the right policy if we know a thing or two about how you prefer to work. Make sure that you’ve considered:

  • The need to insure customers’ vehicles so that you can road-test them;
  • The money tied up in a vehicle if it’s damaged or stolen;
  • The likelihood of a claim as a result of work that you have carried out;
  • Covering the value of lost or stolen tools;
  • Potential savings that you could make by including cover for your main occupation as an extension to your part-time motor trade insurance

We’re with you

We’ve been riding shotgun with the motor trade for over 25 years – so we know all the cover options available to you. Request a quote today to see if we can get you a better deal than you’re on now. Don’t worry, there’s no obligation if it’s not right for you.

Car with engine showing

Our Criteria

You must be able to agree with the below criteria for us to be able to provide a quote.

  • You and all drivers are aged 23 and upwards.
  • You are actively operating a motor trade business for profit or income
  • You and all drivers have never been disqualified from driving nor been convicted of driving with no insurance
  • You and all drivers have no criminal convictions not spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act nor have any criminal convictions pending
  • You, any partners, directors, employees or drivers have never had a policy cancelled, declined, been refused renewal nor had any special terms or premium imposed

How much does part-time motor trade insurance cost?

Our policies are always uniquely tailored to your needs and requirements within the trade, even if you are part-time. So, if you’re looking for part-time motor trade cover, speak to the Road Runner team today on 03301 00 87 20 – let’s get you covered.

Ready to get Part-Time Motor Trade insurance?

Our Core Motor Trade Insurance Products

Latest News