Vehicle electronics are getting ever more sophisticated, but there has always been a need for specialist auto electricians regardless of the age of a vehicle.

You may work in a diagnostic environment, carrying out a full repair service or even specialise in the restoration of classic, vintage or veteran vehicles. Whatever you do, you need to make sure that the motor trade insurance you buy is right for the way you work.


Have you considered: 
  • The need to insure customers' vehicles, in case you need to move them whilst working on them?
  • The possibility of an accident involving a member of the public, whether you are working at your own premises or ‘mobile’?
  • The value of tools and equipment at your premises or kept in your van?
  • The risk of claims arising from work carried out by you resulting from alleged defective workmanship?


Available Cover
  • Cover for vehicles in your care, custody & control for motor trade purposes.
  • Liability insurance, to protect you against third party claims, spurious or not including against alleged defective workmanship.

  • Cover for your Premises, if you have them. This could include your liability cover and a range of additional insurances to protect you and your business.

  • If you collect and return vehicles, you can extend a Comprehensive road risks policy to provide the same cover for vehicles in transit.
  • Cover for goods, plant, machinery, stock & portable hand tools kept in your van. Cover is available for tools left overnight too.
  • Protecting your No Claims Bonus – it can be a significant saving and worth paying a little extra to protect

Why not see if we can offer a better quote than your current provider? There is no obligation, so why not give us a try?


Request a Callback


When do you want us to call?

By providing the above information you consent to Road Runner contacting you by any of the methods that you have provided details for. We will process this information in accordance with our privacy notice

Our Core Products

Road Risks Insurance


If you are involved in the motor trade and have your own vehicles, or drive customers' vehicles in the course of your business, you probably need Road Risks cover.

Liability Insurance


If you have employees or want to protect yourself against claims for customers or visitors to your premises, find out how our Liability cover could protect you and your business.

Premises Insurance


If you trade from premises, you probably have money tied up in your tools, equipment or stock of vehicles. Find out how our Premises cover could help you protect against loss or damage.

Cover not due yet?

Let us send you a free reminder