General FAQs

Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) is controlled by the government, who decide how much this should be. Road Runner is required by law to add the prevailing rate of IPT to all insurance premiums. It is not added to our fees.

Your Certificate of Motor Insurance will confirm the use applicable to each named driver. Only vehicles owned by the Policyholder or the Policyholders spouse (if they are a named driver) can be driven for private use. Where the Policyholder is a Limited Company or Limited Liability Partnership the vehicles must be owned by the Ltd Co or LLP.

One specific restriction is that customer’s vehicles can only be driven for motor trade purposes – you cannot drive them for any other purpose

If you are unsure on policy restrictions, please call our customer service team on 03301 00 87 20 (Option 3).

The administration fee is part of the way we are paid for providing our services to you. Our Terms of Business set out the fees we may charge for different transactions and we always disclose these to you in advance. The premiums we quote you include our fees and details of these are set out in all policy documentation. Our instalment options, as explained in ‘How to pay’ allow you to include the fee in any instalment plan you may select.

Calls cost no more than calls to geographic numbers (01 or 02) and must be included in inclusive minutes as part of any mobile phone contract. The exact cost will depend on whether you are using a mobile phone or landline and the agreement you have with your provider.

We do not make any money from calls to us. We moved to ’03’ numbers to help save our customers money.

The indemnity limit is the amount we would pay out for any one claim or number of claims arising out of one event. This is doubled in any one period of insurance.

To report a claim please call AXA Insurance plc on 0370 900 1753. Please refer to the Policy Conditions Claims procedures and requirements for further details. 

We can extend your policy to allow you to teach your spouse, your children, your grandchildren or your nieces and nephews to learn to drive as long as they are accompanied by a driver named on your certificate of motor insurance having social domestic and pleasure or when they are accompanied an Official Examiner of the Department of the Environment.