National Trailer and Towing Association
The risks you face as a Towbar Fitter or Trailer Service engineer will be similar whether you operate from a premises with customers coming to you, as a mobile business undertaking work at the roadside, or at your customer’s premises.
Have you considered:
- The need to insure customers vehicles, particularly if you need to move them or are working on them at the roadside
- The possibility of an accident involving a member of the public where you are working
- The risk of a claim against you alleging defective workmanship
- The value of goods, plant, machinery, stock and portable hand tools kept in your premises or van
Covers to consider
- Cover for vehicles in your care, custody & control for motor trade purposes – road risks insurance.
- Liability insurance, to protect you against third party claims, spurious or not including against alleged defective workmanship.
- Cover for your Premises, if you have them. This could include your liability cover and a range of additional insurances to protect you and your business.
- If you collect and return vehicles, you can extend a Comprehensive Road Risks policy to provide the same cover for vehicles in transit.
- Insurance for your goods plant machinery stock & portable hand tools kept in your van. Cover is available for tools left overnight too.
- Protecting your No Claims Bonus – it can be a significant saving and worth paying a little extra to protect
Why not see if we can offer a better quote than your current provider?