13 July 2020

Is part-time motor trade insurance right for me?

By Road Runner
Motor trader working on car

In short, it’s ideal for you if you have another occupation. If that occupation is in the motor trade, then even better.

Who is part-time trade cover meant for?

If you’re a trader who buys and sells a few cars here and there, or service and repair cars from time to time, a part-time motor trade insurance policy tailored exactly to how you use it may be more beneficial to you.

If you are running the activity as part of a business and not as a hobby, Road Runner may be able to help you.

The most notable difference compared to a full motor trade insurance policy, is that a part time trader may not have any employees or a business premises to think about when it comes to insurance.

What does part-time cover include?

With Road Runner, our available cover can include, but isn’t limited to, the following:

  • Comprehensive cover, not just Third Party only, so you remain protected in the event of damage or theft
  • Accompanied demonstration cover, if you’re selling vehicles
  • Road Risks cover, for road testing customer vehicles, even if you trade from home, as you’ll need insurance while vehicles are in your possession, owned or not
  • Additional business use, which covers your own vehicles for use in conjunction with your main occupation

For the full details, look at our part-time motor trade insurance page.

Just because you are part-time, doesn’t mean you can’t get the right insurance for you. As mentioned above, we may even be able to provide ‘additional business use’ for your main occupation. If you already work in the motor trade as your main job, then that is even better!

How many cars can you have on a traders’ policy?

This depends on the policy, of course, but at Road Runner our standard policy covers all vehicles owned by the policyholder and spouse (if named on the policy) for social, domestic and pleasure use so your vehicles can still be used for essential day to day needs as well as the motor trade.

How much does a policy cost?

Our policies are tailored to your needs and requirements within the trade, even if you are part-time. So, if you’re looking for part-time motor trade cover, speak to the Road Runner team today on 03301 00 87 20 – let’s get you covered.

If you’re a new customer, you can benefit from 12 months cover for the price of 10 – just one of the ways that Road Runner are with you.

Related Articles